# Removal of Chairperson or other Members
# Bare Act
# Section 44(1)
The Central Government may remove from office, the Chairperson or any Member of the Authority who
- (a) has been adjudged as an insolvent;
- (b) has become physically or mentally incapable of acting as a Chairperson or member;
- (c) has been convicted of an offence, which in the opinion of the Central Government, involves moral turpitude;
- (d) has so abused their position as to render their continuation in office detrimental to the public interest; or
- (e) has acquired such financial or other interest as is likely to affect prejudicially their functions as a Chairperson or a member.
# Section 44(2)
No Chairperson or any member of the Authority shall be removed under clause (d) or (e) of sub-section (1) unless he has been given a reasonable opportunity of being heard.